Saturday, August 21, 2010

Christians: how do you deal with friends/family members, who can't discern like you can, and get in your way?

I get judged by family members/friends for ';judging'; people, when I'm merely discerning their character/spirit, and if it repulses me, I move away or want to have NOTHING to do with that person and then they go, ';oh you're an Ahole, you're racist, you're classist, you're this, you're that.';





Then I go fine, and they end up befriending a few people i said to stay away from ,and later say ';oh you were so right, I got used and manipulated.';





I said, ';I told you so.';








It's frustrating for me but how do you honestly deal with people who are just,....who just DON'T get it?





SHould I be hanging around as a CHristian with other non-Christians or people who just don't understand or get me?





That would be discriminiatory again, which is why I still love adn hang w/my non-Christian friends and fam but,











THEY REALLY REALLY get in the way of my WELL BEING and thought process and spirituality.








I keep telling them I'm street smart, I know what I'm saying, they dont' get it.Christians: how do you deal with friends/family members, who can't discern like you can, and get in your way?
Although it is admirable to attempt to advise others of your feelings toward another, I have found that it is usually best to let them find put for themselves. If you tell someone that you think Joe is an abuser, you will be accused of judging, but if you say nothing and they find this is a fact, and you say, you though so, they ask, why you didn't say something. You can't win, so don't try.


People are strange animals. If you try to help them, they want more, but if you don't, they get mad because you didn't. Some get angry in both cases. The point I'm trying to make is: no matter what you do, you'll lose in the end, if you are not careful.


Any and all people have a tendency to cramp another's style at times. Hang out with who you please and if you keep worrying about how you come across, you'll drive yourself crazy. Just live and let live. Stay cool and quit worrying about who does what or why. Take care of ';big number ONE';, you, and the rest is like water off a duck's back.Christians: how do you deal with friends/family members, who can't discern like you can, and get in your way?
You should become a monk.
norway very cold and great place it is paradise for christian.
Do a Bible study on being unequally yoked.
......


What are you saying


for half the question I thought you were athiest


and the rest i have no idea


are you okay


do you need to lie down?
Some times the best thing we can do for our loved ones is to just let them make their mistakes and learn from them.
Lock yourself in a room and never come out
Being able to discern spirits is a spiritual gift, but I don't believe that it is meant to be used to determine who is a ';good'; person and who is ';bad';.





Obviously, there are some people who just make bad first impressions. There's been plenty of times when I have met someone and thought they were trouble from the first moment I saw them. What it boils down to is, you can't tell other people how to live their lives. They'll resent you for it, as you've already seen. Even if you feel that you're only looking out for their best interests, people don't want to be controlled. They have to be free to make their own mistakes.





And never say ';I told you so';.
If they are hindering you that bad it's probally better to stay away and pray for them before they bring you down. Most non Christians don't want to hang around a Christian anyway because where God's Spirit is the devil cannot stay.
You are like the lighthouse. Strong and immovable. Showing the light to those who are in darkness. Some people close their eyes and don't believe they are in the dark. You can do nothing except continue to be the lighthouse.





I recommend being their friend still, but perhaps finding other friends too that have more in common with you and can help to support you. Does your church have organizations where young people can get together and become acquainted? If not, find a church that offers these opportunities and get involved. Soon you will meet others who share your common beliefs and aspirations and who can fill your need for friendship and compatability.





I know my church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) has many such organizations which offer many opportunities to meet other young people. Dances, classes, young adult activities etc.





Good luck, and keep on being strong!
I can relate to your frustration.





As Christians watching people around us going making decisions that are not right to our teachings is hard to watch.And we aren't suppose to keep quite about it so it's a tough spot to be in.I understand.





However,I've learned that actions speaks louder the words.


Sometimes I should just shut up and let my actions speak.





Trust me,people would notice and ask,why don't you do this,why don't you do that...When they do,I grab the opportunity and tell them as much as I can.I try not to sound too judgmental.





When people around me gets in my way,I try my best to turn to God.


I would ask Him why He placed me in this situation and give me patience.


He would answer my request.





I hope I helped you.


God bless(=
Sometimes when you try to stand up for a principle, you end up sitting down on your own stool.
first impression, get over yourself. accept them for who they are. if you don't like them, don't hang around with them. being stuck up won't get you any friends %26amp; will drive away family.

No comments:

Post a Comment