Monday, August 16, 2010

How do people deal with friends/family who are...?

How do people deal with friends/family who are...suicidal. Really, I'm guessing its a trying experience to try and talk some one your close to out of killing themselves.. do people who do this often get therapy for themselves? Or is it just like no big deal.. ? Do they think of it alot?How do people deal with friends/family who are...?
It makes it hard on ppl around you if they have to talk you out of killing yourself. It will always be in the back of their mind when they see you until you get yourself better. Your family loves you and they want to make sure that you won't do that kind of thing. I know that when I was depressed/suicidal, I was always constantly thinking about everything. It's like just an emptiness inside that you try to get rid of. You should really try to do something to get you out of the depression that gets you to that point of thinking of suicide...not only for family and friends, but for yourself also.





I myself used to be depressed all the time and thought about suicide. I didn't need therapists for it though. What I did was seek a true relationship with God. I cried out to God w/ an earnest heart even before I knew who God was and he gave me something to hope for. So what i would suggest for you is to pray w/ an open honest heart and cry out to God. God will not forsake you if you do so. Sometimes it takes a while for something good to happen, but when it happens, it's an unexplainable great joy.





Just be patient and seek after God and he can fill that emptiness inside of you the way he did with me. The bible says The Lord is close to those that are of a broken heart and saves those who have a contrite spirit. And also, The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart, Oh God these you won't despise.


I know that dealing w/ depression and suicide is hard, but just try what i said.How do people deal with friends/family who are...?
As a person who deals with this stuff, I find that some people are manipulators----they throw threats around for attention and pity. The fact is it is a thin line that separates those who really are capable of true self destruction.Let them talk to a professional---stay clear of it and stop falling prey to this tactic of getting your attention. Do yourself a favor---go out and have fun, if they do it, it 's not your problem or your fault. It is NOT a show of love or concern to tie yourself with their issues.Send a doctor to see them.Life is too short---get out and find happy people and get on with your interests. Good luck
definitely seek help. psychiatrist/psychologist maybe. suicidal is not something to joke about.

No comments:

Post a Comment