Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you deal with friends you've grown apart from?

Just because I've been friends with people since grade1, doesn't mean I have to be friends with them in high school. What do you do when they accuse you of ';ditching'; them? How do you slowly move away from them?How do you deal with friends you've grown apart from?
Remain cordial with them; say hello to them in the hallway, check in with them once in awhile. You are correct, friends grow apart and that's normal.How do you deal with friends you've grown apart from?
If you don't feel close to them anymore, then don't hang out with them. How they react to that is their problem, not yours. They may be mad at you for a while, but they'll get over it.
The same thing happened to me. I knew a girl since kindergarten, by the time we got to seventh grade I didn't want to be her friend because she started acting like everyone else. She wore the same shoes and clothes that the more ';popular'; kids wore. It annoyed me and I gradually grew away from her. When they accuse you of ditching them consider what you're doing and if you still want to be their friend, if not slowly try to move on. You don't have to be mean about it just move on if you're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment