Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should i deal with friends that have napoleon's complex?

I have this friend, I have been his friend for about 6 years, he always says funny stuff and has good stories. But we used to be close friends now we have drifted away and he's taking all my other friends with him.





After about 4 years i started to notice he had all the signs of someone with napoleon's complex %26amp; little big mans disease( because he is a bit short) , but it was never really a big deal until recently.





About a year ago he has really made it a point to project his anger on me and i'm not quite sure why. I have tried everything i could think of.


I have tried talking to him but no matter how i approach him he always falls back into a defense state, telling me its'; ok and to forget about it'; or : he doesn't want to talk about it. when their is obviously an issue.





When in our click of friends, he never laughs at anything funny i say, even when it is extremely funny he will intentionally suppress it.


my friends have told me of times he has said things behind my back and when i confront him he always plays it off, but will consistently complain to my friends about me.





The most frustrating part of all this is he is extremely charismatic and is convincing all of my friends that i am the way he says i am.





How can i work out our issues?How should i deal with friends that have napoleon's complex?
Tell him you're going to kick his @ss if he doesn't stop. If he keeps it up, then kick his @ss.





%26lt;edit%26gt; Buy the beer first, like a pitcher full. Then knock him on his @ss.





I know, that doesn't sound right to you but it will work and he will respect you for it.





Your ';friend'; doesn't need to work it out with you because he has the upper hand. You don't want to play his game then you'll have to consider that people who know you won't believe him. If they do, they're not friends.





When people come to you with what he says about you, do you ask them if they really believe him? Make it known that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't respond to it. Respond to the fact that he always starts the same crap.How should i deal with friends that have napoleon's complex?
Can't you all just get along? Just be a man about it and ignore him. Especially since he carries around a weapon. I think I would just watch what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment