Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do deal with friends who ditch you?

Okay, so it has been my 3rd month so far in college. At first everything was great, I was friends with my roommate and made a bunch of other friends, just a giant group of friends (six of us total), we would go to the Mall, and to dinner at the cafeteria. But a couple weeks ago my roommate (she's kinda like the leader of the group) started to break away and spend time with our friends and invite me last minute, and in the last 2 weeks not invite me at all. We all used to go to dinner together, now the five of them go together without inviting me, we all used to have movie night on Fridays, but now I noticed all my friends leaving at nights on Fridays and coming back late from the movies (we all live across from each other in the same dorm), now they go the Mall without me, and whenever I try to talk to them they answer quickly and harshly like they are angry at me or know something but don't want to tell me or just ignore me completely(example: I asked my friend if she was going to a club we both participate in on campus, she just looked up from her computer said no and then ignored me when I was going to ask her something else), just now I was on Facebook and they left without me to go shopping. I don't know what to do; I think I should talk about it with them, but my roommate is one of my supposed friends and I don't want to make things awkward for us the rest of the year, I don't want to smother my friends if they don't want me there either, i don't want to be invited out of pity or guilt, which makes me wonder if that is why they were nice at first and invited me out at all in the first place. I don't think I said anything to make them angry at me, I always check my words before I say them and they haven't said anything to me. Help, what should I do?How do deal with friends who ditch you?
forget about it. go find new friends. get off the internet.


people change groups of friends in the first year of college all the time. sure, it sucks right now, but step back from the situation and take a look. Youre roomate sounds mean. better for you to find out now than after you wasted time being her friend for a year or something.


get new friends. and try and live in peace with your roomate because even though shes mean you still have to look at her everyday.How do deal with friends who ditch you?
Easy. Forget them. I'm in middle school and I dealt with the same BS. I got tired of it and even though I didn't have any other friends I just stayed alone for a while then found REAL friends that didn't ditch me. It sucks being alone but it's all worth it in the end when you find real people. Also, some of the people that ditched me ended up following me and I ditched them. They got a taste of their own medicine. :) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment