Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to deal with friends ';mean'; daughter.?

She just turned 1 and ever since then she has become a little terror! My son is 9 months and she will push him down, yank toys away from him, take his drink, take his pacifiers, and today she smashed his finger on her toy chest and cut both sides of his finger. I know that she is a toddler now and I'm sure ever baby goes through this phase but I was wondering how I should deal with this. My friend does get on to her daughter but, I don't know if I should move my son from the situation just so she won't get in trouble. For example, my son was trying to get into one of those red and yellow cars they have for kids and my friends daughter was trying to close the door on him. He doesn't know how to climb into it yet so it obviously wouldn't close and her mom was yelling at her telling her no and all that.. but what I'm wondering is should I have moved my son so that she didn't have to get on to her? Or should I have left him there so that she will learn that she can't do that. It wasn't hurting him, so I didn't move him. If it's something that is hurting him I DO move him. Things like this happen all the time. Thanks for the help.How to deal with friends ';mean'; daughter.?
The girl is only 12 months old..


Just keep your son away for now, until she can understand.How to deal with friends ';mean'; daughter.?
I have 4 little ones that do the same thing to each other and they live together. It's not always bad, but I would say if she is not hurting him leave him there unless you can tell he needs your help. This way he'll start to learn how to defend himself - even at 9 months you'll be surprised! If she is hurting him or you can see it's going to get worse then I would definitely move him out of harms way. I'm sure your friends little girl will grow out of it. Good luck
maybe try getting in the middle of what ther're doing and show them both how to do it, tell the little girl wait your turn and then give her a turn. when it's your sons turn tell her to be gentle and by doing this they both will get the idea how to play around others.

No comments:

Post a Comment