Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I deal with friends who don't respect me?

I've always been good with my hands, building all types of things. My buddies have always been supportive and appreciative of what I can do. But lately they've all be getting new toys and equipment of their own. All of their new gifts kinda make my past projects look a bit stale. So now they all seem to make of fun of me and my talents, calling me weak and such. Of course when I'm not up to helping one of them build that THEY want to build, I get to hear about it. One of the guys from Boston is a real pain about it, always yelling at the top of his lungs about needing this and that. So how can I deal with ';friends'; like these? It almost feels like they just want to stab me in the back.How do I deal with friends who don't respect me?
It sounds like there's been some jealousy towards you. It also sounds like your friends are competitive. It's bad enough you're no longer at the top but they want to kick you while your down. It just goes to show how jealous of you they were when you were on top. You'll come back again, don't let it get to you. Your friends suffer bad sportsmenship and don't know how to ';win'; gracefully.


As for the friend from Boston-just explain to him that he doesn't have to yell when he needs something. Tell him if he needs your help to just come over and talk to you about it.


Just roll with the punches otherwise and try not to let it get to you. Be a good sportman and compliment them when they do something well and admire their new toys. I believe giving respect is the best way to earn respect.How do I deal with friends who don't respect me?
Have you had a talk with them, one on one and voiced your concern about this? I would do so and let them know that their treatment of you is hurtful. If they don't change their ways towards you, then they were never really ';friends'; in the first place.
If these ';friends' of yours are suddenly disrespecting you and stabbing you in the back, then maybe you should reconsider them being your friends at all. If they start showing off their new gadgets and such tell them ';congratulations';, smile, and get back to your own work. perhaps after a while they'll get bored of their stupid egos and go back to being respectful humans. But for now I suggest you keep your distance and let their huge heads lose a little air and deflate a little. the last thing you want to do is encourage them by acting jealous or showing a rel interest in what they're doing. If you're so ';weak'; as they say, perhaps they should find someone their own level to hang around with. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment