Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you help a friend deal with accidentally killing someone?

A very good friend of mine just recently accidentally hit a man who was drunk and jumped into the road. It was not my friend's fault (even stated by the investigating police officers and crime scene investigation), but how can I help him to deal with this tragedy and forgive himself?How do you help a friend deal with accidentally killing someone?
Just make sure your friend knows its not his fault and that everything happens for a reason. If that doesn't work try putting your self in his or her shoes and find similarities and differences then explain and at the end get some ice cream or tell a funny jokeHow do you help a friend deal with accidentally killing someone?
Oh man I feel for your friend its gotta be so hard! so hard! just be supportive and patient he'll get over it eventually.. good luck..
its not his fault right tell him it was an accident..he has to get over it..let him realize that he didnt kill someone intentionally..:|..tell him what he did was an accident..and he should pray..[im serious]..if he thinks its really his fault..he better ask for God's forgiveness..go see a priest and confess..so somehow he'll feel a little better..
make sure it's clear to him that it's not his fault.


if you let them dwell in pseudo-reality, they will end up pissing off themselves.


be very supportive, and don't dwell in the times.
Your friend may need to seek professional help. I once hit someone who jumped in front of my car, he wasn't hurt, but everytime I got into my car I got weirded out. I honestly wish someone had advised me to talk to a councillor. ';the might have beens or I wish I had's'; are the worst part of dealing with tragedies.
  • mortgage rate
  • interest rate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment