Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to deal with friends with lots of drama?

I have a new friend that I feel a little sorry for because she is new in town and doesn't have many friends. She wants to talk on the phone and hang out a lot...kind of clingy. I don't know if I can deal with her anymore. She is nice but I can't stand hearing about all her drama. It's draining me.





There is drama with her and her mom, her and her dad, her and her dads ex, her and co-workers, etc. She is a nice host and I guess I am pretty laid back, so there's no drama with me and her....yet. I just am sick of hearing about crisis after crisis.





How do I still hang out and not have to listen to all of her drama problems. She calls me and talks about it for 20 minutes non stop and I am not responding much and she seems annoyed like I'm not concerned.How to deal with friends with lots of drama?
Just tell her (gently) that you do not want to hear it and maybe she will understand.How to deal with friends with lots of drama?
ditch them and make better/new friends
get in there first and try to talk about something else, or dont answer the phone as much
all u can do is listein adn trust me on this never comment back.. it only makes things worse
Wow. That's really annoying. Trust me, I've been in a similar situation like your's before. Well, try this. The next time she talks about one of her problems, actually try and counsel her. Listen to what she has to say. Then if the next day she continues to do it. Suggest something to do [other than sit there and talk about HER drama] OR alternatively, talk about what's happening IN YOUR life. Maybe she'll get the message that what you're doing is what she's doing and might realize that it's annoying and stop. Hopefully lol. Well hopefully things turn out well. Good luck.
It's a good sign that she notices your lack of responsiveness. It's also good that she's getting annoyed. She may confront you with that, and then you can tell her that you can't spend that much time talking to her. Especially you can't hear about her problems because it overwhelms you. She will probably get angry but that's too bad. Hopefully she will be so disgusted that she will move on to her next victim.
  • mortgage rate
  • interest rate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment