Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do you deal with a friends significant other who you do not like?

I have a great friend with a mean other half and it is tough to do things as couples.How do you deal with a friends significant other who you do not like?
Ignore them. Odds are it won't last in the long run anyway. You'll be there for your friend long after they're gone. Assuming they're a good friend, of course.How do you deal with a friends significant other who you do not like?
kick that motherf'uckers teeth in and show him who the alpha is
- Do less things as couples
smuggle pills into her drink, then she'll probably mess it up.
I don't know but be civil anyway you don't want to hurt your friend.
tell that friend that you're not going to put up with her if she acts like that
Jeeze. The best you can do is just talk to your close friend about it. If he can't understand then there is nothing you can do without stepping on some toes.
tell your friend you dont like them and if ur gonna hang out u prefer thats hes not there


or you can just suck it up and try to have fun and try to like them
Suck it up if you care for your best friend. I'm not saying this to be mean or uncaring, but really it's the best way to deal with it. I had to deal with my best friend's boyfriend for over a year before they broke up. The sad part is even after they broke up I had to deal with him for another 8 months. And I'd hate to consider the possibility that if they were to work ut I'd have to deal with him for the rest of my life. *shudders* But, if it's for best friend... well its worth it.
I've been through this thousands of times. Tell your friend how you feel and if you really can't handle him/her either ignore him/her or hang out with you're friend when their boyfriend/girlfriend's not around. Oh and a lot of times friends can tell weather or not a person deserves the friend or not. So wait it out and you may be surprised on weather or not if they actually make it.
The simple fact is that its either worth it or its not. You just might not be able to do things as couples if its really not something you feel you can put up with. My good friends husband is the biggest jerk, and pushes all her friends away. I still visit her regularly and have our daughters play but I try to avoid her husband if I can. I still get to see her and spend time with her, occasionally even have a girls night. Were still great friends. I didnt want to tell her though that I didnt like him, or that I felt he was rude ect. because it might make her feel uncomfortable and defensive and like she has to defend him by not seeing me anymore. I didnt want that so I just stayed away from him.
i didnt like my best friends boyfriend for a verrrrry long time... even when he proposed i told her not to marry him, she married him they have a baby and he is like the best husband she could ever ask for... he takes care of her she doesnt have to work(her choice) and when he gets home he cleans and watches the baby so she can relax, he is an awesome dad and husband

No comments:

Post a Comment