Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I deal with friends who end up becoming roomies from hell?

This fall, I am going to be moving in to a house with 3 close friends of mine, who I have known and worked with and gone to school with for years. We're all pals who used to party together and watch movies and stuff, and...well, speaking of parties, they used to have them at their old house.


And I've seen how they trash the place. Never to the point of having to pay for damage, but the dishes never got done, the table was never clean...and now I'm going to move in with them because they're my friends and their house is cheap, nice, and close to campus.


I don't want to be confrontational to the point where it annoys them to no end, but, I was reminded of this when they came over last night and didn't clean up basically a damn thing. A pretty small mess, but a fraction of what I might deal with.


I'm no clean freak, my room is usually a mess, but dirty dishes and counter-tops...ugh!


How do I deal with them?How can I deal with friends who end up becoming roomies from hell?
You wont be able to change them! Either you will be keeping the house clean on you own and keeping your mouth shut, so there are no problems or don't move in with them. It's hard to change young peoples ways, especially guys cause their usually not raised to do these things or to care rather there done.How can I deal with friends who end up becoming roomies from hell?
Well, you know how they are, right? You can clearly see that they are still like that, right? So, you either accept it and live with it, or decide NOT to move in with them, the choice is yours.





You cannot change them. You can only change you and your situation. And if you choose a situation like that, you better damned well be ready to accept it - and don't complain because you are going in with your eyes wide open. It won't be their 'fault' if things are rotten there, it will be your 'fault' if you decide to move in.
stand up be a man and do crazy things to them like put glue on their pellows. Trust me it will work

No comments:

Post a Comment