Saturday, August 21, 2010

How does one deal with a homophobic parent?

My ex gf and I had to break up due to her mother being so homophobic. She said that her daughter was going through a phase and blah blah, etc. The point is that she made us break it off and she said that under her roof her daughter would not be getting herself involved in that sort of stuff because it's disgusting..... So how does my friend deal with mother being like that? And how do I deal with the outsider, or ';being the one that made her daughter that way.';How does one deal with a homophobic parent?
I hate to say it, but the only thing you can really do is ignore it. I wish it wasn't that way. A lot of adults who are homophobic refuse to change their mind. Nothing you can say or do can convince them otherwise. Not everyone, but this woman sounds like one of those people who won't change. I guess the best you can do is be the bigger person and accept her the way she is, just like you want her to accept the way you are.How does one deal with a homophobic parent?
For myself, it was much easier once I moved out of my parents house. Basically what I said to my mother was that I am a person too....regardless of my sexual attraction......and if she cannot continue to respect me as a person....never mind as her daughter .....then I didnt wish to speak with her until she could come to terms with herself. Sorry to say I have not spoken to her in 10 years. But the point is......she should not allow ANYONE including her mother to dictate to her how she lives her life.......as long as she is happy her mother should back off....isnt that what we, as mothers want for our kids? Good luck to you and your friend.
actually, my mom disowned me for being a lesbian. I don't talk to her, and I hope that one day she can accept me for who I am. In your case if she dosen't accept her daughter, tell her to stop communicating with her mom, maybe then she will understand. It takes time.
I don't know how old you and your gf are but as you go thru this long journey of knowing yourself and accepting your lifestyle..you must know that you cannot live your life according to other's beliefs. If your gf is underage then yes she has to accept her mother's demands right now unless she wants to break away from the family. I went through that as a teen. I had to stay the course with my family. Once I was old enough to leave home I just lived my life and for once, they had to accept. Those that didn't I just don't have anything to do with them. I am now 53 and wonderfully in love and hope to spend the rest of my life with my partner..be damned my family!
The mother sounds set in her ways, at least for now. Your ex will eventually be able to move out of the house, and sometime down the line, her mom will see that it's not a phase.





If your ex is an adult, nobody can make her break it off. All they can do is disapprove and threaten to take away things she needs (like money for college, place to live, etc), so the best route is to find a way to get these things on her own so that nobody can manipulate her in this way.
You did no such thing! You can see her outside the home you had to meet somewhere? School etc?





It is ridiculous to even think that a person ';made'; her this way! God made her this way, God doesn't make junk right?


My poor son is going through this with his father. He is scared to death to tell him and this makes me sick......me and his father were never married, our views are so different (his father tries real hard to makes everyone think he is the true son of God and doesn't believe in such things). Its all horse pucky!


Until she moves out of her mothers house she has to obey her mothers rules. Of course this is doing nothing for there realationship....


When my son first told me I admit I was taken back, I mean he has had G/F I thought? Good looking kid he always had the girls following him around and wanting to hang out with him .....I also thought well maybe this is a faze, well if it is one he sure has stuck to it longer then any other faze lol!


It may take her mother some time to let it soak in....give her mother time....


Wish you well and do not fret all things pass in time.....
If you are a Homo, no matter HOW much satisfaction you derive from telling people about how gay you are, how far along you are, or how much you enjoy takin' it in your back door, simply avoid bringing all of this to the attention of your parents........ at least until you move out of your parent's house.





After that, you can smoke some guy right in front of em' if you want to.





Adder_Astros


Powerful Member of the House of Light.


[]xxxxx[];;;;;;;;;;;%26gt;.


http://www.theaddernet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment