Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with losing friends?

my best friend is moving back to north carolina. We live in Nevada. I have horrible luck with friends and now I'm losing the closest thing to me (besides my boyfriend). How in the world can I deal with losing her?How do you deal with losing friends?
Welcome to maturity.





It's a fact of life that we all lose friends. You are not exempt. You could write about it in a forum like this. you could go out and get drunk. You could go into a depression. You could maintain contact with your friend through the internet and IM. It really matters not ';what you do'; because you are dealing with it right at this moment. This is how you are dealing with it. Understand that and you are half way home.





With that said, I would really like to ask you why you think you are losing a friend. Your friend is not dying. All she is doing is moving. Aren't you possibly over-reacting just a bit. It may be unfortunate that you will not be able to see her every day, but what is to keep you from staying in contact and maintaining a close friendship? It really isn't that you are losing a friend, but rather, the shape of the friendship is changing.





Good Luck to you.How do you deal with losing friends?
You move forward...You can always keep in contact its easier nowadays. Don't make her feel bad just tell her emails, MySpace, facebook, phone calls, regular mail...Girl there are so many chices for you two. I have a great friend she lives about an hour from me, heck i could pop over there...we are both so busy running our horse ranches that we take time every night to either talk on the phone or we email...oops gotta go she is emailing me now.
Spend the last days with her and create some good memories. Kick back with some beer and reminisce about good old days. And writer letters to each other every month to see how she's doing. You will meet each other again one day. Don't be so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment