Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with insensitive friends?

I have a friend who constantly nags on about her personal and school life. I do my best to be a listener and give advice. But whenever I go to her with problems, she just shrugs me off or even makes fun of me. It gets really hurtful sometimes and whenever I confront her, she gets defensive and tells me that I am too sensitive!


Should I stay friends with her, if yes, then how to I get through to her?How do I deal with insensitive friends?
Don't stay friends with someone that will not give you a listening ear and offer helpful advice whenever you need it. This sounds like a one-sided friendship. When your friend has a problem and she is seeking guidance, you offer her some helpful advice and you also listen to her problems. However, when you have something going on in your life and you come to her, she laughs at you, shrugs her shoulders, and makes fun of you. What kind of friend is that?





The best way for you to handle the situation is to tell her in person that the friendship is over. She will ask you why, so just be honest with her. Let her know that when you come to her for something, she doesn't want to help you and you've tried talking to her about it. Enough is enough and you're better off being friends with someone who will always be there for you than to be friends with someone that will not be there for you. Don't waste your time maintaining a one-sided friendship with an insensitive person who doesn't even care about your feelings. Good luck.How do I deal with insensitive friends?
To save yourself from more pain find a new friend. When you value someone's friendship you would be more sensitive to that person's feelings. No one wants someone like that around them. I know how much it hurts to continue to be mistreated by a so-called friend for a long time. If you want to save yourself from more horrible pain find a better friend.
I have friends like this. You should simply explain to her, if she can't be there for you, then she can just go slit her wrists bc your not going to be there for her.





You can choose to say this as nice or polite as you wish.


Good luck!
No. If she wants advice, tell her to seek therapy. You shouldn't have to put up with her all about her attitude. She is not a friend.
Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment