Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to deal with a friends miscarriage? What do I say or do to make her feel better?

I think the best thing you can do is to let her know that you care and that you are there for her if she needs you. Send her cards frequently - just to say you're thinking about her. Send her some funny ones, too - to lighten her mood. Maybe offer to take her to the spa for the two of you to get a pedicure or something fun! Get her out of the house once in a while. Don't try to forget about the baby she lost, but try to get her mind onto more pleasant things for a while.How to deal with a friends miscarriage? What do I say or do to make her feel better?
Well, just tell her you are sorry and that if she needs anything to let you know. She may not want to talk about it at all. Just let her be the lead. BTW, someone told me it was better off because the baby was probably malformed. I knew that to be true, but really wasn't in the mood for hearing it.





Best of luck!!!How to deal with a friends miscarriage? What do I say or do to make her feel better?
just ask her if she would like to talk about it and maybe go to her house and spend time with her. She is probably feeling very lonely right now. If she doesn't want to talk about it then just let it go but still be there for her. Some women don't like talking about miscarriages right after they happen. Don't tell her that you know where she's coming from or that once she gets pregnant again it will feel better. Just let her say what she needs to say and offer her some kind words....like that you will be there for her and if she needs any help to just let you know.
just tell her you are always there for her, that she can talk to you about anything.
I went through the same problem with my friend. You cant really say anything, just be there for her when she needs you.
The best thing that you can do is give her a shoulder to cry on. She just needs somebody to listen and be there for her. I have had several friends in the last few years have miscarriages and that was all that I could do...but it was all that they wanted as well. I'm sorry to hear of your friends loss.
Just Spend time with her. In reality there is nothing you can do , or say. All you can do is be there an be a support system for her.
You don't have to say a word ... just give her a hug and let her know your there for her! I wouldn't dare suggest ';what'; to say - I've never had a miscarriage and couldn't imagine how it feels. Letting her know your there for her if she needs to cry, yell, or just stare at you is what I'd suggest. A true friend (which you obviously are!) doesn't need to say anything .. just hold her head while she cries. Sorry for BOTH of your loss - I wish you the best!
I would start by saying a prayer for her, I just did, I know that prayers are always answered. I nice card, with a hand written note would show that you care as well.
There isn't anything you can say. Just be there for a shoulder to cry on. If they need talk then listen. Don;t bring up ';having another'; or ';trying again';. You meen well, but its too hard hear, and its what everyone feels the need to say.





Having a loss like this is hard to understand even for the person that had the miscarriage. They happen for lots of reasons and not all are known by medical science. Sometimes it just happens, thats when its the hardest, you don't have any answers and all you feel is guilt and loss.
My friend had two miscarriages in 4 months. All you can really do is say your sorry it happened to her, and it had to happen for a reason. Keep incouraging her to not give up hope and to not be discouraged to try again. I usually never brought up the subject unless she did. It was also really hard because when she had her miscarriages, i was pregnant at the time which made it really hard for me. I tried not to buy baby stuff around her. But still talked about what was going on with my pregnancy. It somehow helped to make her feel better and feel like not giving up on trying to have a baby.
Make sure you let her know you are there for her if she needs to talk. I had a miscarriage in August and I certainly found out who my friends were. There is nothing you can say that can change it but just let her know you are there for her thats all I needed but my friend let me down big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment